Plans to Ease Covid-19 Restrictions – Roofing Works to Resume in Ireland
A number of weeks ago, the Irish Government halted all construction and roofing works to tackle the spread of Covid-19 in Ireland. They have recently announced a phased plan to ease Covid-19 restrictions and get Ireland back to work. Click here to view to the full plan.
When Can Roofing Work Resume in Ireland?
Under Phase 1 of the plan, all construction work including roofing can resume on May 18th 2020. May Roofing are delighted to get back to work and resume our essential services. In order to do this, we must implement new health & safety measures set out by the HSE and the Construction Industry Federation(CIF). We assure all our customers that we have completed CIF training and are proud to announce we are Covid-19 compliant. All of this is to safeguard our customers and workforce by minimizing any risk of infection. Site Managers will be present on all our roofing sites in Ireland to oversee and ensure the operation of these safety guidelines.
May Roofing’s Covid19 onsite measures will include:
- No sick workers will be allowed on any roofing site. Any symptomatic workers must self-isolate at home for a minimum of 14 days before returning to work
- All workers are obliged to wash/sanitize their hands regularly. May Roofing will provide hand sanitizers on all of our roofing sites.
- May Roofing will encourage our workers to maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters where possible. We will also stagger breaks and ensure our workers travel to work by private transport.
- All workers must cough and sneeze into their elbow or into a tissue and dispose of tissues safely.
- Our roofing site manager will ensure regular cleaning and disinfecting of all frequently touched surfaces and tools.
- Although not in the HSE guidelines, we actively encourage all of our workers to wear a mask where possible when on the roofing site.
- May Roofing will provide training to all employees on the importance of these new health and safety measures.
- May Roofing will also carry out safety assessments for all smaller residential roofing jobs. We will discuss our safety measures in detail directly with our customers prior to starting any roofing work.
Click here to view the full guidelines set out by the Construction Industry Federation.